Helping young people take the step into community sport is at the heart of Sport England's 2012-17 Youth and Community Strategy.
We believe satellite clubs can bridge the gaps between school, college and community sport and provide new opportunities for young people within Bedfordshire to create lifelong sporting habits.
The Bedfordshire satellite clubs programme provides funding for sport clubs to work in partnership with a local upper school or college to deliver regular sporting activity. This will normally be delivered by the club at the educations' facilities.
More than 70 clubs were established across Bedfordshire in the first three years of the programme. The opportunity to invest in new clubs still remains, however the vast majority of our investment in the current year is focused on sustaining existing clubs. This work involves upskilling of the existing workforce, identifying and supporting new deliverers and volunteers, and investing in new equipment and or resources.
If you are part of an existing Satellite Club or would like to know more about how we can support and sustain your club then please contact Tom Harwood email@example.com or Bert Klemmer firstname.lastname@example.org
THE BENEFITS OF ESTABLISHING A SATELLITE CLUB ARE:
- Recruit new members
- Earn more revenue for your club, help to encourage long term sustainability
- Create new opportunities to recruit volunteers and leaders
- Reach further into the local community
- Encourage the long-term sustainability of the club
Satellite Club Hosts (Schools, Colleges, etc.)
- Create new links with community clubs and increase school and college access to a range of new partners
- Raise the profile of the school or college within the local community
- Maximise the use of school and college facilities and potentially generate income
- Offer new sports, formats and opportunities to students and the local community
- Create new avenues to deploy young leaders into the community club
- The opportunity to try a new sport with friends
- Access to sport at venue / environment they know
- Sport that's affordable
- The opportunity to take part in something that's fun and good for you!