What is Artistic Gymnastics?
Both the mens and womens competitions involve the Vault and the Floor. The mens rotation then also includes the Pommel horse, Rings, Parallel bars and the High bar. Where as the womens competition includes the uneven bars and the balance beam.
- Enhances co-ordination and agility
- Develops posture and confident body movement
- Enhances creativity and builds self-confidence
- Develops strength and flexibility
- Develops healthy minds and bodies
All gymnastics clubs provide safe, friendly environment with professional coaches to help you learn. Gymnastics can be adapted to be inclusive for everyone, regardless of your ability or age. To find your nearest club use the British Gymnastics club finder.
The equipment will be provide by the gym, you will just need comfortable clothing to begin with.
- Women's gymnastics entered the Olympics as a team event in 1928