What is an Active Bedfordshire Ambassador?
Could you help us encourage individuals of all shapes, sizes, abilities and backgrounds to get active across Bedfordshire?
The Active Bedfordshire Ambassador programme is a community led initiative by team BEDS&LUTON. We passionately believe being active is an essential part of a happy and healthy life.
We seek out real stories of individuals who get active in the way that's right for them in and around Luton, Bedford and Central Bedfordshire area.
You could be 18 or 100, from any background or ability - it doesn't matter! #ActiveBedfordshire is all about promoting healthy movement. So what matters is that you find the time to move and can explain how this has benefited you mentally or physically. This could be as simple as just going for a walk each day, home workouts, skipping in your back garden or trying the couch to 5k app for the first time. We'd love to hear your stories!
If you are chosen your story will appear on our website and social media to inspire others. We would also encourage you, as an Ambassador to share your positive experiences with friends, family and colleagues using the hashtag #ActiveBedfordshire.
How can I take part?
We would love for you to share your experiences on how you are keeping active during lockdown. Please send us a picture of yourself and short story of your experiences. (see below for some suggestions)
You could also send us a video to complement you story (but not essential) – this can be filmed on your mobile phone and ideally less than 2 minutes long. (portrait or landscape film is fine)
Or if you would like us to write your story for you simply email us for an informal conversation.
If you would like to submit a story for our campaign please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
HERE ARE SOME AREAS YOU COULD WRITE ABOUT..
- Do you use the couch to 5k app? Tell us your experiences.
- Were you part of a sports club – how have you had to change your exercise routine during lockdown?
- Do you make a conscious effort to go out for a walk each day? How does it make you feel?
- Are you finding indoor online classes helpful? Why do you like them?
- Are you exercising more as a family (maybe on bike rides/walking) are you happier when you are outside? Is it part of your new lockdown routine?
- Does exercise give you that 'me time' you need?
- Are you recovering from Covid? Are you taking your first steps back to moving? Tell us how you are getting on and how you are feeling.
Meet our Active Bedfordshire Ambassadors
Please click on the images below to find out how our #ActiveBedfordshire Ambassadors stay active.
You will also find lots of links and an activity finder to help you start your journey.