Keep The Healthy Workplace Challenge Habit!
Posted: Tue, 28 Feb 2017 15:28 by Abi Bond
As the saying goes, 'all good things must come to an end'. That's true in part as our Active Lunch eight week challenge draws to a close, but to coin another phrase, 'as one door closes, another door opens'. OK, we'll stop with the phrases now, but what we're trying to say is this doesn't mean you have to stop using your lunch break as an opportunity to get active.
If you've been involved in the Active Lunch Challenge since January 4th, then by now you'll have noticed a number of changes. You may feel healthier and fitter, both physically and mentally. You might feel more productive and alert, especially in the afternoons. You might even feel closer to your work colleagues. And hopefully you'll also feel inspired to continue with Workplace Challenge.
You see, Workplace Challenge is here to help you maintain the healthy habit during your lunch break, all year round. You can track your progress, compete against colleagues and even connect your profile with your Fitbit to earn points for every step you take. It really is that easy – and believe it or not, that's not all.
We also provide employers and individuals with connections to local providers of physical activity and sport – which means a whole host of offers to help you get inspired.
Check out our partner offers for a long list of opportunities and ideas, including beginner courses to help you keep up the healthy habit and starter packs to help workplaces stay active.
We've got some fantastic offers from the National Governing Bodies who have some innovative ways to help you and your workplace to be active;
- Fancy trying coffee-break kayaking? British Canoeing can loan your employer kayak ergo machines so you can challenge colleagues during breaks
- Time for table tennis? Snap up a 'Beat the Boss' package from Table Tennis England's Loop initiative, which include tables, bats, balls, trophies and games ideas to help bring people together over a fun game of table tennis
- Want to let your hair down? Check out the guide from England Netball which explains everything you need to know to get your workplace involved in netball
- Round up the troops! Get a workplace product from Rounders England to keep your team motivated throughout the working day.
- Is your workplace oarsome? Sign up for The Great Row
- RunTogether Groups are organised, social runs/jogs with other people, led by qualiﬁed Run Leaders
- Hit The Pitch – have a great team building activity with a Company Day from Baseball Softball UK
We also have some top deals from retailers to get you and your colleagues together and some great ideas for sporting activities and events that you can join as a team.
Here are just some of the fantastic offers you can take advantage of:
- Golf with a difference – Putting Edge bring mini golf to your workplace or if you want to try the real thing check out Get into Golf
- Embrace the new you – and grab a fantastic New Active Starter Guide from DW Sports & Fitness, which includes fitness tips, two complimentary day passes for DW Fitness and a 20% off voucher for DW Sports
- Race for Life brings millions of women together to support the life-saving research of Cancer Research UK. Just by signing up you'll make a difference
- Is your team up for a challenge? Take on the Cumbrian Challenge from Walking With The Wounded
- Want to hear from experts about active working? Get a 20% discount for the Active Working summit
- Don't want to leave the office? For workplaces around London Exercise in the City will bring fitness to your office…so no excuses!
- Need to liven up your lunch box? Let's Get Cooking at Work can help
So don't stop here. Take advantage of our partner offers to keep the healthy habit - and don't forget keep logging your activities with Workplace Challenge.
And so the end is near: The challenge ends at midnight on Tuesday 28th February 2017. Don't forget to log all your activity by then for it to be counted on the leaderboards.
If you would like our help in setting up some activities in your workplace then please contact email@example.com
Inspiration: For inspiration and ideas to keep you and your workplace moving throughout 2017 look no further than the workplace challenge: