Emergency First Aid Level 3 Award
This Emergency First Aid Level 3 course concentrates on the three principles of First Aid; Preserving Life, Preventing the casualty's condition deteriorating and helping to promote recovery. The qualification is Ofqual accredited and valid for three years, making it suitable for all industries and enabling you to meet all HSE requirements. The Emergency First Aid course has been adapted during this period due to the ongoing pandemic and will adopt a blended learning approach with the first day (3 hours) delivered via Microsoft Teams and the second day (3 hours) delivered face to face, including the practical element and multiple choice assessment.
- Dunstable Fire Station, Brewers Hill, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 1AA
- Jade Horsley / firstname.lastname@example.org / 07961227059
Emergency First Aid Level 3 Award
Blended Learning Approach - 2 X 3 hour sessions over 2 days
Day 1 (Wednesday 9th March 2022 6.30-9.30pm)- 3 hours using the Microsoft Teams meeting platform covering the theory aspects of the qualification. All candidates will be able to access Microsoft Teams as a guest and do not need an account but should check technical requirements prior to the start of the first meeting.
- Candidates will be sent via email links to join the meetings which identify the duration of the session and the link to access the waiting room
- Candidates will be given a contact number should they have any issues on the day
Day 2 (Thursday 10th March 2022 6.30-9.30pm Dunstable Fire Station)- 3 hours face to face contact – where candidates will be taken through the practical elements of the qualification and assessment which consists of a multiple choice assessment paper and practical skills assessment.
- Candidates must be a minimum of 16 years of age at the time of taking the assessment.
- No prior first aid knowledge is required.
- Must be able to undertake practical activity involving kneeling and lying down.
- The course will be delivered and assessed in English. Tutors must be convinced that you have sufficient fluency in written and spoken English to cope with your course from the start.
A range of subjects are covered including:
- Understanding the role and responsibilities of a first aider
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is not breathing normally
- How to use an AED
- How to manage a casualty who is in shock
- How to assess an incident
- How to recognise and assist a casualty who is choking
- How to manage a casualty with a minor injury
- How to manage an unresponsive casualty who is breathing normally
- How to manage a casualty with external bleeding
- Record Keeping and First Aid Boxes
The Emergency First Aid course will be Trainer Assessed throughout the course and the assessment should determine a candidate's ability to act safely, promptly and effectively when an emergency occurs and to deal with a casualty.
All Assessment Criteria in the units must be achieved. This will include practical demonstrations and 1 multiple choice exam papers.
The Awarding Body Statement from RLSS UK and IQK UK
It is important for candidates enrolling on training courses and competency assessments to understand that no PPE or other protective measures can provide 100% protection from infection with, or transmission of, COVID-19. Whilst the awarding organisation (RLSS UK and IQL UK) have provided guidance to training provider to mitigate risk so far as reasonably practicable, there will still be an element of risk involved in attending the training course and assessment.
Our First Aid course provider, Active Luton has adopted the Awarding Body guidance to ensure the safety of all candidates and Trainer / Assessor.
The training course contains practical skills where Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) may be required an the Trainer / Assessor will give full instruction as to when there is a requirement to wear the required PPE. There are some skills where PPE is not suitable and other measures have been put in place.
All candidates will be supplied with their own manikins, first aid training equipment and PPE for the duration of the course and assessment.