Netball Development Coach
DMUsport Coaches will deliver expert tuition to the university’s student clubs, and support the activity of the club supporting the delivery of the DMUsport player pathway to the benefit of the club, student members and the university as a whole.
- Contact Name
- Katy Young
- Contact Email
- Casual Hours
- Placed On
- Thu 26th August, 2021
- 12:00am - Sun 3rd October, 2021
- Sport / Activity
About Netball Development Coach
- Responsible for providing expert tuition to the university's student club, to ensure improvement in participation numbers and support the growth of depth in club competitive activity by supporting students in improving their performance.
- To provide practical day-to-day coaching, as well as devising and implementing long and short-term strategies and development plans.
- Promote sport at DMU, both to current and prospective students, as well as the public.
- Attend fixtures/matches, as well as training sessions.
- To analyse and report on the club's performance.
- Ensure health and safety policies and best practice are adhered to.
- Be aware of and promote student support services to members as well as engaging in opportunities for CPD relating to student welfare.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with relevant colleagues, including DSU staff and sports clubs, and staff responsible for university leisure facilities.
- Make efforts to attend training sessions, meetings and events as required, sometimes outside of core hours.
- Support other projects to meet the objectives of the department.
- Treat all DMU staff, students, contractors and visitors with dignity and respect.
- Provide a service that complies with the Equality Act 2010, eliminating unlawful discrimination, advancing equality of opportunity and fostering good relations with particular attention to the protected characteristics of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief (or none), sex and sexual orientation.
Skills and experience
- Qualifications and Training Level 2 (or equivalent) qualified, working towards Level 2 (or equivalent) qualification or relevant experience
- Work Experience Experience of coaching relevant sport, at an intermediate level
- Experience of developing athletes and long-term athlete development plans
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities In-depth understanding of coaching styles and practical delivery
- An understanding of Long-Term Athlete Development and structure of student sport (in particular in higher education)
- Ability to manage people and programme and to ensure delivery against objectives
- Ability to work independently on own initiative and as part of a team
- Ability to write reports or assessments etc and contribute to meetings as required.
- Able to work outside of normal core hours
Commitment to observe the University's Equal Opportunities policy
team BEDS&LUTON is not responsible for the accuracy of information provided by third-parties and accepts no liability relating to any information contained on the site. If any contact details have been provided, It is recommended that you contact them directly.