Sports Members Event Coordinator
- Beds and Luton and Nationwide, LU2 9JB
- Contact Name
- Chris Freeman
- Contact Telephone
- Contact Email
Sports Members Event Coordinator
- £3,000 to £8,000 For 1 area 4 to 10 Hours Per Week - with Opportunities Beyond
- Placed On
- Mon 5th February, 2018
- 12:00am - Mon 30th April, 2018
Towns of Bedfordshire and Luton and Beyond
Hours - 4 to 10 Hours per Week or More Depending on Your Capacity
We have for offer an exciting and truly unique opportunity. As a Sports Membership Event Coordinator for your territory, you will work for yourself in partnership with the growing sports events brand. The company provides venue purchasing strength, a full administrative structure, including insurance, website, bookings, payment handling, social media marketing and members communications and event structures under a brand to make your events, services and income truly sustainable. As you become established you can choose to use some of the participants to oversee your events and then duplicate what you have done to 2,3 or 4 areas to increase your income if you choose.
As the owner of your own specific area(s) of the UK you will be part of a national chain of sports event coordinators. With training, guidance and mentoring support of the sports event company you will build your membership numbers to a minimum threshold and a maximum without limits and then coordinate local sporting events that you will tailor to your customer group of men aged between 28 and 55. All supported by a local social media campaign for membership and events, run for you and weekly video calls you can join to learn and share best practice.
Role and responsibilities
As the Sports Members Event Coordinator your role and responsibilities include:
- Building the member numbers from the ground with face to face member registration
- Identifying and organising sport event types that will be popular for your members
- Maximising the experience of your customers to keep them coming back
- Ensuring people play sport with the low level of aggression expected by this target group
- Identifying and agreeing with venues and providers, days & times for events
- Venue assessment, does it provide what the event needs?, is it safe? Is there parking?
- Providing basic required equipment for events you run, example a football and bibs
- Ensure there is an event coordinator at each event, example a coach or briefed backup
- Provide feedback and opportunities to support encouragement of national participation
The ideal profile of Sports Members Event Coordinator will include:
- Passion for sports participation
- Desire to contribute to society and help to reduce the stat that 1 in 5 men die before 65
- A patient, sociable, friendly personality with whom people like to play sport
- Knowledge of type of sports events that the target group would enjoy to play.
- An ability to adapt and adjust the event products to keep people interested.
- A willingness to take a risk for 4 to 6 weeks before getting the ongoing personal and financial satisfaction for their effort
- No formal qualifications are required
teamBEDS&LUTON actively promotes diversity in employment and sport and welcomes applications from all parts of the community. To add your job please submit your job specification.