Top Tips To Boost Your Club Membership in 2018
Posted: Wed, 07 Feb 2018 11:32
2018 will be another very exciting year for sports lovers, with the Commonwealth Games, FIFA World Cup, Six Nations Rugby and Women's Hockey World Cup taking place over the coming months. But how do you turn fans into participants?
Club Matters spoke to England Hockey to get their advice on how to use high profile sporting events to engage local people, recruit new members, and encourage existing members to become more involved:
- Host screenings of the big events at the club and make sure any staff are on hand to discuss anything with people looking to join the club
- Use the platform of the sporting event to your advantage – host your own tournaments combining all teams and age groups
- Ensure an 'Open Door' policy at your club and position the club as a community hub where everyone feels welcome and can get involved
- Collaborate with local businesses to establish partnerships. This could be anything from promoting training sessions to sourcing other services like catering or providing kit
- Host open sessions for prospective members of all abilities
- Post social media messages related to the major event or competition using relevant hashtags to help engage people online and draw them to your club's website
Click the link below to find out more. Club Matters is Sport England's one stop shop for sports clubs. Club Matters provides free, convenient, practical resources to help you develop and run a sustainable club. Register online today!