Get up to £10,000 to keep your community physically active
Posted: Thu, 27 Aug 2020 14:02
Crowdfunder and Sport England have teamed up to make £1 million of match funding available to help the sport and physical activity sector through the ongoing coronavirus crisis. They have also created a series of quick and easy courses to help to get the maximum help in your crowdfunding campaign.
If your sports club has experienced short term financial difficulty, or needs to adapt how it operates, due to the pandemic follow the link below to start setting up a crowdfunding campaign and apply for up to £10,000 match funding today.
To be eligible to apply, organisations must be:
- Local sports clubs,
- Charities, community, voluntary and social enterprise sector organisations that deliver sport and/or physical activity in their local community, including organisations that are not solely or primarily sports organisations,
- For the benefit of people residing in England.
The following are not eligible for funding:
- Individuals or sole traders,
- For profit businesses or partnerships,
- Local authorities, including town and parish councils,
- Schools, colleges and universities,
- Commercial sport and physical activity providers, e.g. private gyms,
- Leisure operators.
If your application is approved, you'll get match funding of up to 50% towards your initial crowdfunding target, up to a maximum of £10,000.
To receive a pledge, you will need to do two things (the 'fund conditions'):
1) raise at least 25% of your initial target,
2) raise this from a minimum number of supporters
Following receipt of a pledge you will also need to reach 100% of your initial funding target to receive the funds from Sport England.
All the information is here https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/funds/active-together