What are Satellite Clubs?
The Satellite Club Links programme provides physical activity clubs that are designed around the needs of young people. Creating positive and enjoyable experiences, that make it easy for them to become more active more regularly.
More than 80 satellite clubs were established across Bedfordshire between 2013-2017. The opportunity to invest in new satellite clubs still remains, as team BEDS&LUTON have secured additional funding to develop new Satellite Clubs until 2019.
Who are Satellite Clubs for?
Delivery must be focused on young people aged 14-19. Satellite clubs should be targeted at helping young people become active, building regular activity habits and supporting those who need physical activity the most. These include, but are not limited to females, young people with disabilities and those from lower socio-economic groups.
Activity provided through satellite clubs should be aligned to achieving the Chief Medical Officers recommendation of delivering moderate to vigorous intensity physical activity.
Please get in touch:
If you would like to know more about Satellite Clubs programme or how we can support your organisation, please contact Tom Harwood email@example.com or Bert Klemmer firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits to the participant & the organisation:
- The opportunity to try a new activities
- To access to benefits of physical activity
- Access activity in a safe, familiar environment
- Affordable opportunities
- The opportunity to take part in something that's fun and good for you!
- Increase your organisations offer
- Encourage long term sustainability, influencing revenue
- Create new opportunities to recruit volunteers and leaders
- Reach further into the local community
- Encourage the long-term sustainability of the club