- tBL Summer School Games 27 June 2017 Press Release (PDF, 547 Kb)
- Summer School Games FINAL Results JULY 2017 (PDF, 171 Kb)
On Tuesday 27th June 2017 at Bedford International Athletics Stadium, over 950 children from local schools in Bedfordshire and Luton competed across 7 different sports – athletics (mainstream and inclusive), golf, softball, rounders, rowing (mainstream and inclusive) , kurling (inclusive) and cycling (mainstream and inclusive). All teams competing on the day (apart from softball and rowing) will have qualified to get there by competing in their local Level 2 competition. We also had a team of School Games Makers volunteering on the day to help run events and cover social media for The Games. The day kicked off with a great opening ceremony to motivate and inspire the competitors. Full details of the day and final results are on the link above.
The School Games operates locally at 3 Levels.
- Level 1: Intra competition - this takes place within the school leading into a school festival.
- Level 2: Inter competition - school teams competing against other local schools.
- Level 3: Team Beds & Luton wide multi-sport School Games which provide the opportunity for schools to compete in County finals and also take part in some open entry events.
What do the Level 3 School Games entail?
The Level 3 School Games are much more than just a sports competition, they are a celebration of young people's talent with young people at the heart of the Games. They provide opportunities for young leaders to get involved with the delivery of different sports, help out with event management and form part of the media crew. Young people also have the chance to perform in opening ceremonies, try their hand at new sports and embrace the cultural element of the Games, as well as excelling on the sports field.
The Local Organising Committee (LOC) takes the strategic lead on School Games and ensure the Level 3 School Games are delivered successfully. Linking into this committee is an operational group which agrees the sports/formats/year groups of the Level 3 events and ensures the Level 2 competition calendars feed in creating clear competition pathways.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SPONSORS FOR THIS EVENT WHICH ATTRACTS 1000 CHILDREN LOCALLY. CONTACT email@example.com